Thursday, 8 December 2016

A New Console joins the Family

For a long time now, I've been weighing up whether or not to buy a Playstation Vita. The games available on Sony's second handheld are exactly the sort of thing that floats my boat, I loved the PSP and I'm really feeling the Playstation love right now with how good the PS3 and PS4 have proved to be in terms of software. But when you're looking at spending £100+ on another handheld that you really probably don't have time for then one tends to put off such a purchase. After all, I still have loads of DS, 3DS and PSP games to get through (though thankfully much less after my recent clear-out) and the money that a Vita would set me back could be better used on other things. However, as you can see below, I finally succumbed and bit the bullet...


The main reason for just going for it this time was because I got such a good deal on this truly mint machine from a good pal of mine on a certain gaming forum. For little over £100, I got an original OLED-screened model (which I had preferably wanted over the newer, cheaper models) fully boxed with everything, two memory cards (an 8GB and a 16GB) and five games: Everybody's Golf, LittleBigPlanet, Borderlands 2, Lumines Electronic Symphony and Sorcery Saga. Admittedly, these weren't the sorts of games that I would have bought myself but for the price of the bundle, I had no right to complain. I will probably try out Everybody's Golf and Lumines for sure. The others I may sell on or not - I haven't decided yet.

In any case, I have plenty of cross-buy stuff already purchased on PS3 and PS4 (including bits of DLC) and the recent announcements of games like Windjammers and Garou: MOTW that will be compatible with Vita also make owning a Vita a timely purchase. I'm really into my Japanese imports too so I think we'll get along just fine.

5 comments:

  1. I've been umming and ahhing over a Vita for a while now... Had the money recently as well but spent it on a tablet instead. It was this video that convinced me I'd be "up for" having one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23mX2TznapI

    Picked out these games from the list... There's WELL enough to justify getting a whole new console here!
    Limbo
    Fez
    Minecraft
    Spelunky
    Super Stardust Delta
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    Velocity 2X
    Dragon's Crown
    Terraria
    Helldivers
    Sound Shapes
    Shovel Knight
    Hotline Miami
    Guacamelee!
    Rayman Legends
    Tearaway
    Grim Fandango
    Rogue Legacy
    Murumasa Rebirth
    Runner2
    Gravity Rush
    Child of Light
    TxK
    The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
    The Swapper
    Castlestorm
    Dead Or Alive 5 Plus
    Super Meat Boy
    Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved
    OlliOlli
    PixelJunk Monsters
    SteamWorld Dig
    Darius Burst
    Laser Disco Defenders
    Xenoraid
    Neon Chrome
    Assault Android Cactus
    Sky Force Anniversary
    Project Root
    Soldner-X 2
    Resogun
    Sine Mora
    Shutshimi

    (Shoot-em-ups and platformers are my "main thing")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks like a great list for me to check out at some point when I fancy some new games. Nice one!

      Delete
  2. IF Sonic Mania gets a Vita version, that'd be my deciding factor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id reccommend giving Sorcery Saga a good try, I got it in a sale digitally and I think its rather cool in fact I reaally wish I had a physical copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give it a go then rather than just getting rid of it. Even going by the box it was the sort of thing I'd usually buy but I've kinda gone off collecting the anime-styled JRPG's recently so I might not have actually picked it up had it not come with this bundle! It will be very ironic if I actually really enjoy it :)

      Delete