Thursday, 14 April 2016

Gallery #1 - Vampire Sound Box


This is something I purchased a long time ago at the peak of my Darkstalkers fanboy days. I'm still a massive fan of the series (hence the name of this blog) but I no longer have the kind of obsessive collection that I used to own. All the unecessary regional variants and multiple copies of the games in the series that I once had as part of a 'complete' collection are long gone but one item I did keep hold of was this special edition soundtrack boxset released for Capcom's 30th anniversary. I genuinely don't remember how much I paid for the Vampire Sound Box but I recall that it was quite expensive at the time.

Inside are six CD's filled with all of the music from every game in the series. It's an exhaustive and very much complete compilation that covers Darkstalkers, Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge, Vampire Saviour, Vampire Hunter 2, Vampire Saviour 2, Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service and the most recent HD re-release package, Darkstalkers Resurrection. The box itself is really nice item with a hinged lid and brand-new (stunning) artwork from Kinu Nishimura. A track listing booklet and postcard featuring the complete artwork from the outer box can be found inside on top of the individually-cased CD's.

Below are some pictures to better illustrate this soundtrack collection. Apologies for any guff photogaphs but I only had a phone camera and rubbish lighting to work with :(




No comments:

Post a Comment